Monday, August 25, 2008

Detailed info on Jewish heritage in Bosnia online

The Jewish Heritage Europe web site, an expanding database of information on Jewish heritage in European countries, has added material on Bosnia.

I'm not quite sure why I am listed as the author of the material -- but I think that much of it comes from a report I prepared several years ago for the U.S. Commission for the Preservation of America's Heritage Abroad. The main source of info on Bosnia remains Ivan Ceresnjes and his name should be up there. I have included a fair amount of what it included in this report in Jewish Heritage Travel.




(Jewish cemetery, Mostar. Photo (c) Ruth Ellen Gruber)

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Ruth!

    Just read this on your blog. If you look again at the website ("Note", under "Sources"), you'll see that the credit for much of the material is given both to you and to Ivan.

    Regards,

    Syd.
    (webmaster at jewish-heritage-europe.eu)

    ReplyDelete